Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Run Between the Suns 12hr Trail Run REGISTERED!

I’ve never run a timed event, meaning an event that has a distinct beginning and end based on the clock and not the distance covered. The most common one, I believe is 24 hour events. The course is normally on some type of relatively flat loop, not too long, and the point is to see how far one can go in the allotted time. While I’ve done a few 100-mile events in excess of 24 hours, I’ve always wanted to do a timed event. Enter the “Run Between the Suns” 12 hour trail run. (RBTS)


The RBTS is very near Oil Creek State Park in northwest Pennsylvania, the home of the Oil Creek Trail Runs each October, and about a 2 hour drive for me. The course travels a 5 mile trail around a lake. A fully stocked aid station will be at the start/finish along with showers for afterwards. Even a beach is nearby for families who are out there to support the runners. Well, I finally caved in and registered and in fact, the first from Ohio! I’ve gained many really good friends from the area since my 2009 OC100 finish so I’m really looking forward to the day on the trails. It starts at 7am and finishes at 7pm. I think I’ll just leave home around 4am and enjoy the early morning drive. The drive home will most certainly be laced with caffeine!


Predictions? I have no idea! I just plan move swiftly across the flats, challenge the hills with a purpose, and enjoy the gift of each downhill and whatever I do in 12 hours is fine by me! I need to stay healthy, though, since the Buckeye Trail 50K is only a few weeks later.


Race Website: https://sites.google.com/site/runbetweenthesuns/
Google Map of Race Location: http://g.co/maps/4ak6y

No comments: