- 5 days straight...off. If I were not to go to work today (Monday) then tomorrow (Tuesday) would be one week without work. Sounds nice but I think I'd better show up today. All great things must eventually come to and end! Or at least a pause.
- Those days weren't wasted either. A little highlight was 3 of those days were spent on the trails of West Branch State Park. Wednesday, I met up for a Turkey Eve Sunset trail run with Shubi, Gombu, Slim, and Baby Harris...the NEO Trail crew. We ran the most rocky section of trail in all of northeast Ohio and then enjoyed some pizza afterwards in the parking lot. Friday brought another 8 miles, waterside, with my brother Jim and yesterday at 6:30am, just before sunrise, Jim, JP Preston, and I hit up the no-hunting area and cranked out another 8+ miles under clear skies and 23F. We were blessed to witness the sunrise over the smooth-as-ice reservoir. I did take a hard fall and shed some blood, but I WAS extremely graceful in the fall. Nothing that won't heal! The only other running was Thanksgiving's HomeRun for the Homeless in Akron that I run each year. My task was simple, get my friend, Gina, to the finish line. Gina has lost something like 60+ pounds and this was a big day for her. I had a blast! It was cold and rainy but we still had fun and I got a lot of pictures. So for me, 28+ miles since Wednesday and I feel great!
|West Branch State Park Sunrise - 11/28/2010|
|Scout and Marjie - for the first time|
- Cyber Monday = today. Supposedly, the highest buying day online vs. Black Friday a few days ago...the highest brick-n-mortar buying day of the year. I think I may order some espresso...I'm running low. That'll be the highlight of my Cyber Monday. :-) Our Christmas shopping is done! (and 100% paid for, I might add)
- Tangled in 3D: an animated movie, just released over Thanksgiving from Disney, that I took Marjie and the girls to see on Friday while the crazies were raiding the stores. Wow! It was very, very good. I can confidently say that I enjoyed it as much (but differently, I hope) as my girls did. It really is a fantastic movie and at 1hr, 50min, went by quick with no dull moments at all. I can't recommend it enough! 8 thumbs up! View the trailer here.
- Did you hear that Leslie Nielsen died? You know...the star of the Airplane! movies and the Naked Gun series? He died yesterday at the age of 84 due to complications of pneumonia. This scene from Airplane! is still my favorite of all time.
- Unless you are living under a rock, you know that North Korea attacked a South Korea island off its shores last week killing some civilians and South Korean marines. As a partner and supporter of South Korea, we deployed the USS George Washington, CVN-73, a nuclear aircraft carrier, to the area and have since been conducting exercises off the coast, which is infuriating to North Korea. I suppose it is our way of flexing our muscle without actually doing anything. The GW (George Washington) was the last ship I was on in the Navy and my favorite, by a long-shot. I first arrived to the GW while she sailed south of Iraq in the last 90s during Operation Southern Watch. I really miss her! The GW is now stationed permanently in Japan so deploying her to Korea was easy for us to do.
Have a great week, everyone, and Happy Trails!