Friday, November 12, 2010

My Veterans Day in Pictures/Video

Rendering my first salute of the day to Old Glory at my home.

By 8am, I was visited by my niece and nephew.  Thanks, Emma!

Portage County Veterans Memorial in Ravenna: Veterans Day Service (VFW Color Guard shown)

P51 Flyover: World War II plane, known as "The plane that won the war."

Flyover again...Navy flag in foreground

Whoa!!!!!

Free Lunch at Applebee's in Niles...thank you!!!  It was packed with veterans, young and old, in and out of uniform.

Veterans Day Assembly in Hubbard, OH at the elementary school.  Absolute highlight of my day.  Many songs, a stage with at least 50 veterans, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, VFW...and school leadership really behind the holiday and what it means.

Thanks, Emma!  (She killed a few markers to make this one!)

Handed to me while leaving the Hubbard assembly

Applebee's #2 for dinner with Marjie, the girls, and my parents (shown here). Happy Veterans Day, Dad!!!


"America the Beautiful" sung by the elementary kids in Hubbard.

No comments: