- Hi again, friends. I haven't written much since my last M-Cubed on August 18th. So much has gone by that would easily fill several chapters of my upcoming autobiography. By "upcoming," I mean just a thought and not for real. Today, I thought I'd just skim the surface a bit and catch up.
|RIP LTjg Steve Byus|
race report here) and just two days ago ran another Akron Half Marathon with my wife. It was a day more about spending time with her, encouraging her, and crossing the finish line hand-in-hand vs. racing. Literally...we crossed the line in Canal Park holding hands in the air. It was her 2nd fastest half marathon out of her 15 finishes and another awesome race day put on by the organizers. Such a top notch event! Other than that, not much else to report. Not many photos, either, as so many of my runs are pre-dawn with us losing more and more daylight with each passing day. I did, however, run at sunrise yesterday and grabbed this sunrise photo over the pond at my local park. Gorgeous!
- Happy National Coffee Day!!! Didn't know, did you? Now you do! I already enjoyed my morning Lavazza espresso with maple syrup but surely, a stop by Bent Tree Coffee Roasters in Kent is on tap for my morning drive.
- Are you an Apple junkie? I guess I kinda am. I got my iPhone 6 on release day and am loving it so far. I took the advice I heard from a morning-show personality on 95.5 FM The Fish and used gazelle.com to trade in my old iPhone 5. It was a super easy transaction and already got paid $165 for it. We're also fans of turning our old devices into iPods for our kids but they're still using an old iPhone 4 and 4S so no need this time around. If you're also upgrading, definitely check out Gazelle. They'll even ship you the box at no charge to return your device. It's truly a seamless process.
|A lot of the KM100 in Wisconsin|
- Yesterday, I read this blog post. It was penned by a blogger who asked her husband to post it after her death. She was 36 and diagnosed with Stage 4 bowel cancer. Wow. It's an amazing post and so powerful and spot on. I strongly encourage you to read it and then follow the link at the bottom for her husband's response and tribute back to her. "Rest in peace, Charley!"
- I almost forgot. I am running a 5K trail race to help raise money for children in El Salvador. You can run or walk inside this beautiful park on October 11th for a great cause, too. Here's the page to check out and maybe even consider joining me on the trails that day.
- Any chance you may know someone or a company that would consider sponsoring a local marathon that provides free entry to veterans? $5000 is needed to help offset the cost of providing this benefit at this marathon. I can provide the full details and contact information of the race director. Simply shoot me an e-mail and I'll connect you. It's not some small, tiny race, either. It's a major event with huge name recognition across the country. Please consider or pass on this info to someone who may be able/interested. Thanks!
- To close, a dose of encouragement for you in the quote below. Let it soak in! Have a great week, everyone!
"Everything we do is a choice—every action, every thought, every feeling. We choose every day whether to feel apathetic or passionate, lazy or inspired, and the easy choice is often not the one that is best for us. Denial is easy. Inaction is easy. Selfishness, excuses, and indifference are easy. Honesty, positivity, and action, on the other hand, take bravery."
-Ben Davis, Do Life: The Creator of "My 120-Pound Journey" Shows How to Run Better, Go Farther, and Find Happiness