Monday, April 13, 2009

M-Cubed for 4/13/2009

Monday Morning Musings for April Thirteenth, Two Thousand and Nine. A smattering of thoughts that alone don't constitute a blog post but together end up here on Monday morning.

- I ended up with 8 more trail miles last night with 7 others. This group run was one that I thought up on Friday night's run and I never thought I'd have that many show up with such short notice. Thanks, everyone! That makes a whopping 58 miles for the weekend. Plus, since I have always tracked my mileage from Sunday to Saturday, that makes my mileage 92.2 miles for the week! I had the Fools 50K last Sunday. I don't think I've ever cracked 70 miles before. Last night's run was amazing because I thought I'd have issues/soreness/pain from the 50 miles but I had none of that. In fact, the run eventually turned into a speed session! We were haulin' tail!

- Ironic in a really high mileage week is that I have zero physical issues. I do have a lot of tiredness that I think I'm going to need a solid couple of days to refuel and get back to normal. I see caffeine in my future at work!

- I have posted my final 8 weeks of training to Kettle Moraine on the right side-bar. It's simply a big-picture view of my plans. Specific runs will be listed in the normal weekly schedule just above it. If you ever want to join me on any of the long trail runs for all or a portion, just say the word!

- I am so ready for my family to come home. I pick them up tomorrow and it couldn't get here soon enough. I definitely took advantage of them being gone and got some great training in but I sure do miss them...and the cats miss 'em, too!

- Easter services were really good at Riverwood yesterday. Most of you don't know that I run the Projection Team there. Since my family is out of town, I gave the team a break for Easter and ran all 3 services today. I ended up being there for 5 1/2 hours but it was worth it. The bonus was being in all 3 services. They never got old! I did mess up one thing in the 2nd service that got everyone in the room laughing. I was so embarrassed. I just wanted to crawl under the table. The good news is that I rebounded and didn't make the same mistake again.

- As you start this week, take a reality check at your "foundation" and what you're building your life upon. Collected enough "toys" yet? Have you put your family first? What rules your life? Does spending, collecting, and accumulating bring you contentment and happiness? Is your life built on a castle of sand or is it on a solid foundation? I have found that this video is a great way to take a personal inventory of where I personally stand and ensuring my priorities are in check. A look in the mirror and reflecting at where I stand...right now...is always a good thing. (I didn't embed it in my blog due to copyright)

Happy Trails, everyone!

3 comments:

'running the race' fan said...

Great thoughts. Foundation is important. I am impressed with how well you balance it all and stay grounded. It's difficult to do at times. You seem to know that your greatest love is your first love. Nobody can really understand you more than someone who has seen you grow and change. You have a positive lifestyle and the foundation of a true relationship built on love and respect, not the superficiality that has become common for others. Some runners bury themselves in their running goals as a way of running away from something. You are a good example of running toward success. Your priorities, work ethic, and overall kindness encourage me as a person. Keep up the great blogs.

Nick Billock said...

Thanks so much for your comment "running the race' fan! I must say...I do love your choice of screen name :-). Again, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts...they made my day!

Nick

Clara said...

Great week of good miles!