Monday Morning Musings for April Thirteenth, Two Thousand and Nine. A smattering of thoughts that alone don't constitute a blog post but together end up here on Monday morning.
- I ended up with 8 more trail miles last night with 7 others. This group run was one that I thought up on Friday night's run and I never thought I'd have that many show up with such short notice. Thanks, everyone! That makes a whopping 58 miles for the weekend. Plus, since I have always tracked my mileage from Sunday to Saturday, that makes my mileage 92.2 miles for the week! I had the Fools 50K last Sunday. I don't think I've ever cracked 70 miles before. Last night's run was amazing because I thought I'd have issues/soreness/pain from the 50 miles but I had none of that. In fact, the run eventually turned into a speed session! We were haulin' tail!
- Ironic in a really high mileage week is that I have zero physical issues. I do have a lot of tiredness that I think I'm going to need a solid couple of days to refuel and get back to normal. I see caffeine in my future at work!
- I have posted my final 8 weeks of training to Kettle Moraine on the right side-bar. It's simply a big-picture view of my plans. Specific runs will be listed in the normal weekly schedule just above it. If you ever want to join me on any of the long trail runs for all or a portion, just say the word!
- I am so ready for my family to come home. I pick them up tomorrow and it couldn't get here soon enough. I definitely took advantage of them being gone and got some great training in but I sure do miss them...and the cats miss 'em, too!
- Easter services were really good at Riverwood yesterday. Most of you don't know that I run the Projection Team there. Since my family is out of town, I gave the team a break for Easter and ran all 3 services today. I ended up being there for 5 1/2 hours but it was worth it. The bonus was being in all 3 services. They never got old! I did mess up one thing in the 2nd service that got everyone in the room laughing. I was so embarrassed. I just wanted to crawl under the table. The good news is that I rebounded and didn't make the same mistake again.
- As you start this week, take a reality check at your "foundation" and what you're building your life upon. Collected enough "toys" yet? Have you put your family first? What rules your life? Does spending, collecting, and accumulating bring you contentment and happiness? Is your life built on a castle of sand or is it on a solid foundation? I have found that this video is a great way to take a personal inventory of where I personally stand and ensuring my priorities are in check. A look in the mirror and reflecting at where I stand...right now...is always a good thing. (I didn't embed it in my blog due to copyright)
Happy Trails, everyone!