I want to challenge YOU...yes YOU...the one reading this...to do something for yourself here. There are only a few rules:
- Write down your goal. (Yes, common sense but it matters!)
- Make it achievable given your schedule. Don't go crazy but make it just a hair out of reach.
- Challenge yourself. Push a little further out of your comfort zone.
- Tell others....for their encouragement, accountability, and because you'll inspire them. (Yes, YOU!)
- Don't quit.
- Solicit the support of your significant other for support. Watching the kids, doing it with you, or simply to encourage you when it gets tough and to celebrate when it couldn't go any better!
- Comment here on this post and let me hear what you're going to do.
- Make it finite. It needs to end. You need to reach the finish line.
- Run Happy. Otherwise, what's the point?!
So for my goal...my Challenge #2: I am going to piggy-back a bit on my friend's goal but not totally. I commit to run 100 miles over 10 days with a minimum 6 miles per day with no rest days. Given I'm a hefty 200lb guy and need my calories, I'm not going to count calories (I despise that, actually) but instead drink one gallon of water per day and eat "clean." No processed foods or sugars. No hydrogenated crap, high fructose corn syrup, etc. Lots of fruit and veggies and "from the earth" foods. This really isn't far from my normal routine but it will have some impact on those nights we go out to eat.
So that's mine. What's yours? Comment and let me know!
Today, I did 10 miles with one of my best friends and my wife. They are training for a half marathon coming up. I then headed out for another 10 miles on my own...the hilly route and about 90sec faster per mile. At the end, I feel great and easily have a full marathon in me today. Enough for today, though. 9 days to go and a busy "life" schedule so this little buffer to get me going will hopefully help me reach my mileage goal.
|Around Mile 8 of today's 20 miler|
|Mile 16 of today's 20 miler|