Wednesday, June 30, 2010

16 Miles on the Delaware River

Day 3 in the Poconos
We set "paddle" around 10am about 16 miles upstream of the Delaware Water Gap on the Delaware River
New Jersey to our left, Pennsylvania to our right
I couldn't help but wonder what strategy was played out around this river during our country's founding days and what history was written
One of the highlights was when a bald eagle flew right above us (one of the three pictures are below)
Temperatures hovered in the low 80s with scattered clouds and sun from start to finish
I don't know how the day could have been any better
I take that back, the icing on the cake was when I accidentally fell overboard near the end, much to my girls' enjoyment
These are a few of my favorite photos from the day.  The rest along with Day 1 photos can be viewed here.  You can click on any photo below for a large version of it.





1 comment:

Hopeinator said...

These are wonderful photos! You really do have an "eye" for photography and should consider sharing your photos with even more people somehow. You can capture a random moment on film and make it seem extra special. Very nice. Glad you had a nice vacation.
Hope