Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Little Bit of Inspiration

I'm sure so many of you have seen the following video. Dick Hoyt has traveled the country telling his story. Not only to those in the sports world, but he actually spoke at a MetLife conference when I worked for them...just a few years back. When you think life has thrown you a curve ball and want to give up, remember the Hoyt's. Remember, just keep telling yourself that you "CAN"......


I've seen this countless times and it has millions of hits on YouTube but somehow, I never get tired of it. I can relate to the triathlon as once upon a time, I completed two 1/2 Ironmans with the goal of an Ironman. Instead, I moved away from the ocean (my prime training ground) and ended up in Ohio. (enter: ultra-running!) Today, I can look at this and realize, anything is possible and if I try, train, aim, and keep my head in the right place....surely, I CAN!

Thanks to Joe Jurczyk for essentially putting this post in my head. He's at the Disney Marathon in Orlando right now and got his picture taken with the Hoyt's today. Thanks, Joe! (FYI: Joe is the BR100 race director) Pic below.

3 comments:

Mike said...

No doubt about that. They remain my heroes...

Thanks for bringing it to the front of my mind again though...really!!

Jeff said...

That is a very inspiration story and video! I got the chance to meet Dick at Boston and he seemed like a great guy. Cool blog header picture btw.

Clara said...

That was the first time I've seen that video and it is truly inspirational!