Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday Tidbits

I have given up on trying to "blog to a schedule." It's much easier to write when I feel like writing or have something to say. For that reason, you may see 5 days skip on by with not a word followed by 3 entries in 2 days. Like the weather in northeast Ohio, there is no pattern to this writing thing. That being said, since Monday is gone and "M-Cubed: Monday Morning Musings" doesn't really work on a Tuesday morning, consider these my Tuesday Morning Tidbits...or any other pithy thing you can come up with. (I love that word...pithy. Here's the definition in case you're wondering: "Brief and to the point: brief, yet forceful and to the point, often with an element of wit." Well, let's see how brief I can be and witty? You can be the judge of that!)
 
- 50K on Saturday. Ate everything in site on Sunday. Even all of my baby Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs are gone. (and a few went missing from their hiding spot in my freezer...the jury is still out on their whereabouts) I crashed hard on Sunday night...like I was found curled up on the bed before bedtime even arrived. I couldn't keep my eyes open to save my life.
 
- Sunday was a great day and we finally showed "The Passion of the Christ" to our girls. We've been waiting until we felt they were old enough. The know the story but the movie is Rated R for a reason..because it truly depicts what was done to Christ this week in history between the time He was arrested until His crucifixion. They did cover their eyes a few times and my youngest even said "You could've waited a little longer, Dad." Well, given that Easter is the root of everything we believe and what we teach them, it is and was important to embrace what was done, why it was done, and how that drives our every decision, our every prayer, and our every moment. No regrets.
 
- Recovery from the 50K has gone well. I once again stand on the pedestal and shout loudly that Hammer's Recoverite is the best recovery drink...period. No pain, no issues, and Sunday morning's 6 miler was not difficult. Bristol (my 4-legged pal) accompanied me over rolling country hills for an easy sunrise Palm Sunday 6. Rebuilding, though, happens on the rest days. No running yesterday and today but I'll be back at it tomorrow. April is a big race month so I need to be sure to recover well so I can dive right back into it when its time.
 
- Our Tango lessons have gone really, really well. This is a week off due to many of the couples being on Spring Break vacations but we'll be back at it next week for two more weeks. We're pondering the decision of whether or not to do another 6 weeks. We don't know the style yet but who really cares, right?! I never thought in a million years that I'd be on the dance floor doing the Tango with my bride...yet here we are...and it's priceless.
 
- Do you use Twitter much? As you can see on the right, I have an account and Tweet fairly often. One thing I follow is CS Lewis. Lots of meaty things in there I love to read and ponder. This morning's one caught my attention: "Every one says forgiveness is a lovely idea, until they have something to forgive." True, isn't it. The true mettle of a person appears when you are faced with that decision...to forgive or not to forgive. It strips away all the layers of who and what you are and exposes you completely and without hesitation. What you are when no one is looking presents itself. Be authentic. Be the same in and out. Public and private.
 
- Both my wife and I have felt a distinct 'tug' lately to reach out to those less fortunate. We were previously working at a shelter in Akron but our association with that no longer exists. We are working now to build new bridges and relationships so that we can serve as a family and in an environment safe for our kids. We are certainly ones to protect our kids but not to the reality that exists right in the middle of our communities. Homelessness, poverty, and more exists all around. Together, we seek to be His hands and feet and want to do it as a family.
 
Enough ramblings for today, Friends. Have a great day!

No comments: