Saturday, March 8, 2008

Oh, how frustrating...

It's 5:30am on Saturday morning and I should be toeing the Buckeye Trail right now. Instead, I'm sitting in my kitchen in my tech gear ready to go...but I'm not going anywhere. Outside, the Lake Erie snow machine is kicked into full gear. The snow is reaching the bottom of our patio furniture outside (about 1 foot high), our driveway (which I shoveled last night) has once again 10" of snow in it and since we live on a cul-de-sac, the lovely snow plows have barricaded me in. Oh yea, I drive a sport compact car! I had every intention of knockin' out a solid 20-miler today, snow or not. You can bet as soon as this lets up (not until late tonight/tomorrow), I'll be out there. In the meantime, the snow is supposed to get heavier through the day and we're supposed to get several more inches. I really should have got our snow-blower fixed. I'll be getting a different kind of workout this morning!

Missin' my running buds and the trails....

2 comments:

Kim said...

I know the feeling! I'm due for a 20 miler today also. We've got less snow than you, but it has a lovely covering of ice on the snow.
I'm gearing up for some quality time on my treadmill some time today.

Chef Bill Bailey said...

Nick
This was no Lake Effect. This storm came up from the South. I thought I was going to be shoving today. I when out bought some fresh gas and it fired right up!!! Try new gas.