- Just to give you an idea of the kind of friendly debates that take place in my home...proof that after 22 years of marriage, we can still keep it lively. Pleated pants. I was looking for a pair of slacks in my closet a few days back and before I knew it, I was trying every pair on and in the end, I have no slacks! One issue was weight loss so most were too big on me but even the ones that fit got a "no" vote from the ladies voting panel in my home. I posted the question on Facebook, too, and a resounding "NO" came from the ladies and the men were mixed. Some said "no" while others said "if they fit, wear them." Well, I have a heavy bag of donations heading to AMVETS next month and lots of empty hanger space. Next up will be my sweaters. I bet I can clear 50% of them easy. Anytime I think I can't rid of more, I prove myself wrong. Never in my life have I wanted so little...and I love it.
- Oh, Brian Williams...best that you just stay "hush" right now. Not much good can come from talking. In the meantime, memes are popping up everywhere. Here are a few for your chuckling pleasure. :)
- The lottery for the Bull Run Run 50 Miler is this Thursday. They use the stock market close to determine who gets in and who goes to the wait list. Those who get in then have the duty of sending in the registration. Those who don't automatically get dropped and the wait list folks are offered a slot. It's limited to 350 runners. There are 435 registered as of today. See them here. Know anyone?
- The most recent edition of "Endurance News" by Hammer Nutrition hit my mailbox this past week. They did a complete overhaul of the magazine that they've been publishing for 23 years now. If you get it, don't toss it...it's chock full of great information. A few big takeaways I got from it so far:
- Water Intake: should be about 1/2 oz. per pound of body weight per day. For me, I'm about 204 pounds so just over 100oz of water a day.
- Recoverite vs. Whey Protein: I've often wondered about the difference in these two products. I'm a huge believer in Recoverite. I have countless proof-positives from using it post-run and post-race and have lately been using it after heavy CrossFit workouts. Well, they addressed this very comparison and said that the whey is best after lifting weight and Recoverite best after endurance/aerobic work. Further, whey is great before bedtime as it contains HGH (human growth hormone) to help rebuild muscle. I'll start following that and use Recoverite less after workouts unless I run home from the workout, for example. :)
- A new recipe!: I have to try this. They take a few smashed bananas, oatmeal and chocolate Recoverite plus options for raisins, walnuts, etc. Sounds like a great, easy cookie recipe that I'll try soon. I have all the ingredients so why not?
- Have a GREAT week, everyone! Today, I leave you with a little kick and a nudge to get out there and just for it. No more waiting....GO! What is "IT" for you as you read this below?
"At some point you just have to dump all the excuses in the trash and go. You've got to say, 'Yes, there are obstacles, but I'm going to find a way around them or over them, if necessary, and make time for what I really want to do.' Perhaps you have real ambitions and need to make not just a little time for yourself every day, but a lot of time. All right, then, do it. Do what you have to do to do it. Do what you have to do to do it a lot. Make a statement to yourself and to society, and do it."