- Forgive the lapse in posting...plenty to say but not the time to sit down behind the keyboard and type my thoughts. Other times...I'm just not in a sharing kinda mood. Today is not one of those days.
|Image I grabbed from the internet. |
View from one end of the dodgeball arena.
- So we finished Season 4 of Parenthood. Wowsers...still love that show! I love all of the family dynamics and how different everyone is. It's definitely got us talking about different things and how we'd handle them if it were us. Season 5 isn't yet on NetFlix so we're going to start streaming it off of NBC's website. Also, the word on the street is that they just got renewed for Season 6. Woot!
Bent Tree Coffee Roasters. I like to stop in on the way to work for a $1.50 french press of their daily grind. ($1.75 if you don't bring your own mug) Last week, I tried a "pour over" and made it into a 6 second Vine video that is posted here. (If you can't view it here, it's on my Instagram...search for RTRSBM to find me) Ground fresh then brewed on the spot. Bent Tree is also found all over Kent State University's campus now and in other local restaurants on their menus. Even the local "Popped!" popcorn shop has incorporated their coffee into their awesome chocolate-meets-popcorn creations. If you've never stopped in at Bent Tree, please do! (Their winter hat they sell, too, is the best running winter hat I've ever had!)
- Do you have a personal experience with grace? I mean...have you really experienced it or do you even know what grace is? Grace is something given to you but totally undeserved. In my opinion, to really appreciate being shown grace you must give it. Have you? Here is an article I tweeted this past week from Refine Us. It's worth the minute or two it'll take to read. A relationship (of any kind) without it will eventually self-destruct so the sooner you learn about grace, the better. Read the article here.
- Have you met Bristol? If you've been hanging around my blog much, you surely have. Great photo of her here...this girl will take any pillow she can find and make it work. She is a master of communicating via her eyes, too. Yea yea yea....a ferocious pit bull, isn't she?!? We love her!
- On Facebook and not found your way to RTRSBM's Facebook page? Come on over! Much more frequent "shares" there and a much wider audience. "Like" it today! CLICK HERE.
- 33 days until the Highlands Sky 40 Mile Trail Run. CAN.NOT.WAIT!!! Goodbye cell coverage and hello Dolly Sods National Wilderness. :)
- I've been leaving you quotes lately. Today, I'm going to share some musings that just kinda poured onto the screen this morning after my soaking 7 miler through the country after sunrise. Enjoy...and have a great week everyone!
Sun risen, I headed on out
A steady rain began, left the phone behind
The song began and never really stopped
"Take it all, take it all, my life in Your hands..."
About 64F, total cloud cover
The birds were singing and soaring overhead
Cool drops of rain, pouring steadily on down
Hanging on eyelashes, soaking every fiber of my clothes
I stared at the birds, soaring all around
Red-winged black birds, bright red cardinals
Finches, Blue Jays, and even one turkey
Mile 3...yea...a flying turkey flew in front of me!
That song..."My heart is Yours...my heart is Yours...
...Take it all...take it all...my life in Your hands..."
Those birds sore so freely. They fly where they wish.
They do what they must, they never go without.
Living simply. Living as I must. Go where I must. Serve.
O, to be like those birds. Singing joyfully and flying.
Anywhere, everyone, wherever they please.
"I will ever love and trust You, in Your presence I will live."
My eyes gone shut around mile 5...a downhill...smooth road
Rain pouring down, soaked to the core.."Take it all...take it all..."
Why am I so hard on myself? I do what I can, all I can, and I love.
It's enough. I'm enough. He'll take care of me and those entrusted to me.
That song..."I lay down my life...and take up my cross...
You are my God....You are enough...." I am enough.
Ah, there....a black bird with that brilliant red "paint", outlined by yellow
So easy to see, so bright as it glides over the swamp to my left
Birds of the air never go without, they go as they may
"My heart is Yours...my heart is Yours....take it all...take it all..."
May I keep my focus true...may I love others how I've been loved
May I take up my cross, may I carry it strong and with His help.
I never know what a run may hold. I never know what I'll hear.
But if I never ran...if I gave up before I began...I'd never know. I'd never hear.
So you, Lord..."Take it ALL. My life is in YOUR hands."
As the birds of the air are in Yours...so.am.I.