Sunday, February 2, 2014

Broken Together

Human. You are. I am. We are. No matter your background, your beliefs, your gender, or anything...somehow, you will be able to relate to this. We ALL have a past of some kind and at some point, we're going to find "the one" who we will call to join us on life's journey together. They also will have a past, secrets, "baggage," and stuff that'll just get in the way. The song and lyric video below is by Casting Crowns. Their new album was released on Tuesday and I listened to Marc Hall speak on the radio a few days ago about the inspiration for this song. Paraphrasing, he said that often, people will pray for marriages/relationships in trouble and the "bad and ugly" out there. He went on to say that it's not just them, but ALL marriages and relationships need prayed for. Like I said, no matter who you are, you have "stuff" and this song will really speak to you. I love how the chorus ends...it speaks of how the only way we'll make it to forever is to be "Broken Together." Lay down your arms, pause, humble yourselves...and let the words soak in.

21+ years, folks...that's how long I've been with my bride. I looked at her yesterday after listening to this song and said: "Babe, that's us. The only way we'll make it is "Broken Together." I wouldn't want it any other way or with any other person.

Have a great SuperBowl Sunday, friends.

No comments: