Friday, December 20, 2013

Screwed Shoes V 2.0, Ice, and Sunrises

Tis the season for ice and snow...and screws. Back in 2009, I screwed my first pair of Keen trail shoes with a dozen plus of hexagonal sheet metal shoes. Those shoes bit the dust last season so a new set was due to be indoctrinated...in steps an old pair of Brooks Cascadia trail shoes. My initial video on YouTube garnered over 500 views but was over 5min long. I snapped some photos last night of this "screwing" and made it into a 55 second instructional video that tells you everything you need to know. Bonus: This will cost you under $2.50. Can't beat it! Looking forward to the first week in January, I have my next 50K in the mountains of West Virginia and I want to be prepared for whatever comes at me...be it packed snow or ice. These shoes will now be my chariot if either present themselves. The goal? Don't fall and pass out like my last venture into the West Virginia mountains. :)
My running is going well for December so far. Very much on track for my 2,000 mile goal for 2013...only about 20 miles to go and will probably hit it by week's end. Tomorrow is NEO Trail Club's annual social run in Mill Creek Park dubbed URINEO...stands for ultra runners in Northeast Ohio. Start whenever you want but target a finish around 1pm for a potluck and some good 'ol fashion social time. Given our rapid warming trend and now rain...it should be a mud pit. However, we've been in a deep freeze for awhile and the word from the trail is ICE and lots of it. No matter how much rain we get, that much ice most likely is not going to melt so good thing I screwed my shoes last night because they'll be on my feet tomorrow. Shorts, too...

I have captured a few fantastic photos over the past few weeks and I'd like to share a few. Click on them to view full screen and/or save.

Morning Run on 12/7/2013
Sunrise on 12/19/2013
Sunrise on 12/19/2013
Run Happy, friends!

No comments: