Saturday, October 19, 2013

Impromptu Colorful 12

Fall sure is an awesome time of the year, especially if you're a runner...not a dreamill runner...a runner who breathes fresh air when they run. The colors of fall, the smell of those leaves, the cool crisp morning air...it just beckons us/you/me out there. We're not far from the leaves all hitting the ground so I didn't want to miss running today. I could've gotten up early to run with a full Mr. Moon before he set but I waited until after sunrise so I'd get the full sensory overload. I didn't plan the route, I never looked at my distance until I got to the end, and I ran on roads in my hometown that I've never set foot on in my life...running wherever I thought it would be hilly and beautiful. It even included a run through my town's very own winery. I like to take a quick loop through their vineyard as I pass by whenever I choose that off-the-beaten-path route.

This morning, I was also thinking about how running creates a buffer between me and so many societal influences. I feel invincible out there...like no one can touch or harm me. Personal attacks, unnecessary influences, social media, and even the attacks from the spiritual realm...I feel insulated and protected. Today as I "designed" my route as I ran, whether I was ready to return home or not determined my turns and how long I'd be out. Often, I didn't want to go back and wanted to stay within my bubble. "They can't touch me out here...they can't hurt me out here...they don't even know where I am...heck, they don't even know WHO I am." I am so thankful for the ability to run. I don't know what I'd do without it.

SO...without further ado, here's my pictorial 12 miler through the country from this morning. I hope you enjoy them.





At the local vineyard

At the local vineyard







Run Happy, friends!

No comments: