Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Quick Note...

It's one of those mornings and if I didn't need to eat, shower, and go to work, I'd write a nice, long, pre-dawn-run inspired post....but alas, no such time to do such a thing, so I resort to bullets:

- I'm mid-taper and ready to rock out YUT-C this Saturday. Weather forecast is perfect. The real chance of rain isn't for another week. The registration list continues to grow and I'm hearing whispers of folks who plan on showing up on race morning and registering. It WILL be a perfect morning to spend hours on the trails of Mill Creek Park in Youngstown.

- I'm also bursting at the seams with energy. If you could ask my co-workers, they'd attest to the same. Typical "side effect" of dropping the mileage down before an event. Add in some super-concentrated espresso and you have a super-charged ultra-runner who....can't run. Dangerous.

- My morning run: only 4 miles. 2 shooting stars in the western sky. Mr. Moon...a sliver of him...in harvest moon color, laying on his back. Millions of stars filling the sky with constellation after constellation easily visible. What a shame that so many never get to see this stuff because they're at home sleeping. Sorry, I'm no advocate for sleeping in and waking up just in time to bolt out the door to go to work or get the kids on the bus. There's a lot better way to start the day and bear witness to the gifts that await just outside the door. You want inspiration? It's RIGHT ABOVE YOU.

- Marjie is getting a pink Dyson. Yes, they make such a thing. This should be interesting. Don't worry, I'll take some pictures of the unveiling when the UPS man shows up with it...that is, if he doesn't change his uniform to pink before getting it to our door. Sheesh...

Happy Hump Day, y'all! Happy Trails, too!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!"

- unknown

1 comment:

allthistoo said...

Thought of you this morning on my morning run as the sky was a huge display of stars. Took me a bit to find the moon, partial, but still very nice.