Friday, December 19, 2008

Ultraholic Blog Tag

Tag...I'm it. Clara tagged me so here it goes:

1. What was your 2008 running highlight and running low? My running highlight is easily the Mountain Masochist 50+ Mile Run in Virginia. I took away an incredible amount knowledge about my self, both physically and mentally. On the opposite end of the spectrum would have been dropping at Mile 55 at Burning River 100. After an ankle injury at Mile 38, the pain became too much. THE hardest decision ever in a race and my first DNF....Did Not Finish...or as others keep reminding me, "Do Nothing Fatal." My 5 year old's words still ring in my ears when I got in the car: "Daddy, did you quit?" Ugh...

2. What race are you secretly planning on doing (or contemplating) for 2009 but haven't made it known to the public....until now? I'm considering a 2nd hundred miler...'nuf said!...and some other things in the fall.

3. Where would you like create and direct an ultra that (to your knowledge) none exists? I'd really like to see a trail ultra of the 100K (62.4 miles) distance and a 50 miler. It's all we are missing here in NE Ohio. We've got plenty of 50Ks and our hallmark 100 miler. We've got plenty of trail systems to make it work so hopefully in the future. (I don't see myself as a Race Director...but I'd sure like to be on the race/organizing committee....hint, hint!!!)

4. What is your "primary" race for 2009? Burning River 100...again.

5. What is the most exciting thing about your upcoming race schedule? I'm looking forward to Lloyd's new Fools 50K in April and doing more local trail ultras...and less road marathons. I'm also really excited to see the new WRTR (Western Reserve Trail Running) take off. I'll be doing the monthly newsletter, as well. A great race series, new series rules, and awesome organization. It's definitely an exciting time for trail running and ultra-running in NE Ohio.

6. List your planned races for 2009: Winter Buckeye Trail 50K, Green Jewel 50K, Fools 50K, maybe a spring marathon, Burning River 100, and maybe a fall marathon or two. I'm holding off on planning the fall until Burning River is here and gone. No need to put the cart before the horse. I'm not looking at any typically sold-out races, so I should be fine to just sit tight and wait until later.

That does it for now! Happy Trails, everyone!

No comments: