- Brrrrr....28 degrees this morning when I woke up around 3:45am but not a cloud in the sky. Nothing but stars and a beckoning to join them on the roads this morning. A cold but perfect way to kick off the work-week.
- Yesterday was my 2 year anniversary since stepping off the plane from Afghanistan. "Day 208" as I know it. I have decided that this will also be the last time I refer to those "days" in a public forum and just let it be. I'll keep my blog journal posted but that's all. Last night, I had the benefit of a mini-date with my youngest daughter. While we sat in the drive-in burger joint, Swenson's (her choice!), I read Day 208 to her. Since she played a starring role in it, I thought she'd enjoy it which she did. She remembered that night well. If you want to read Day 208, the final post of my journey, you can read it here.
- November has started quite well in the running arena. No races on my calendar but I'm loving this cool weather. Since I see a few days off around Thanksgiving this year, I'm trying to be very faithful in getting out there while I can. I got in 7 with Bristol on the 1st and 10 miles each for the past two days. I know snow and ice are around the corner so I'm gobbling up these cool, brisk mornings. It's really my cup-o-tea when it comes to running. Yesterday, I had a great 10 mile sunrise run. From First Light to the sun high in the sky. I captured several photos, too, given all the color out there. See them at the bottom of today's M-Cubed post.
- It was about a year ago when we led our first marriage "conference" which is really just a Friday night and half of Saturday. We had about 5 couples. We're leading another one in our new church home and have quadrupled the number of couples! As we lean towards that getaway (in Amish country, this time!), we are really excited to see what God has in store for us and all of them.
|Click on it to see better/larger detail|
- Veterans Day is only a week from today. If you are one or know one, please pass this link to them. LOTS of restaurants offering free meals (which I'll partake of, of course!), retailers offering a plethora of things, and other misc. deals. For me, I'm a big fan of the local Applebee's who basically fathered the "free meal for veterans" movement. The local one really gets behind it, is excited about it, and lots of vets much more "aged" than me show up. I love it! Here's the long list to share.
- Ever want to get rid of "stuff" around the house you know you don't need? Well, here is a challenge for you and it's not too late to begin. Basically, you find one item in your home based on the day of the month...for one month to get rid of/donate. So on November 1st, you need to find one item. On November 30th...30 items. In all, you'll have 465 items. We're doing it and I know it's going to get challenging but we'll see it through. We have talked a LOT lately about minimalism, downsizing, selling the house, etc. Nearly 21 years of marriage has accumulated MUCH! Today, the overwhelming majority simply doesn't matter to us any longer. We instead focus on creating memories, building relationships in and out of the home, and fostering community building...and we also want to model that for our kids. If our "stuff" doesn't mobilize us/enable us to achieve these things, then it needs to go! Curious? Read about how it works here. Go ahead....click on it and consider!
- Time for pics! I captured these with my iPhone 5 yesterday. I really, really love the one over the pond...my personal favorite. Have a great week, everyone and Run Happy!