Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday Morning Inspiration

Believe it or not, it's about 30F down here in Athens, GA this morning when it was in the low 60s only 2 days ago. Luckily, we'll be up in the 50s shortly. While waking up in preps for my morning run and also calling the front desk of my hotel (ceiling tiles came crashing down in my room overnight from leaky pipes...it's still dripping and tiles are all over the floor...soaked), I ran across two short but inspirational videos courtesy of "ultrapastor" Mark Swanson. The first was posted on YouTube back in October and will surely put a smile on your face and the 2nd is from an amazing, but disturbing finish at the 1997 Ironman World Championships in Hawaii...for 4th and 5th place among the women. I'm surprised that I'd never seen this finish before. Enjoy!




Pretty good stuff, eh?! I'm a sucker for any kind of "fuel" I can use to get me out the door in the morning, get me to the next mile marker, or simply make me laugh or put a smile on my face. Speaking of that, I ended up finishing Randy Pausch's "The Last Lecture" on Sunday after my 60F 10-miler (wow, that was a NICE run!!!!). I just knew he was going to pull at my emotional strings at the end and he certainly did. I think I spent 3 hours at Borders on Sunday reading...I just couldn't put it down. My next task is to watch his lecture online.

Happy Trails, everyone!

3 comments:

Clara said...

That first video makes me mad at the coach for not putting Jason in sooner...since he obviously could play well. (yes, I do understand why he didn't though)

The second video just disgusts me and I'm seriously about to puke. Their legs were so scary to watch....yuck!! I hope that doesn't happen to us at the end of our 100 milers....

Mark Swanson said...

Glad you enjoyed them. I bought "The Last Lecture" and my wife and daughter have read it but I haven't yet. See you in six months.

Jeff said...

Yeah great book! I've been meaning to watch the lecture online.