Sunday, December 30, 2007

2008...Now what?

OK, tomorrow is New Year's Eve...time to lay out the goals/aspirations. Remember, a goal not set is a goal not achieved so here's mine for '08:

1. Complete Direct Commissioning Officer school in January
2. The day after DCO school, run the winter Buckeye Trail 50K ...50K = 31.2 miles
3. Train hard and smart through the winter months and attempt to qualify for the Boston Marathon at a Spring marathon...either the Eugene Marathon or the Flying Pig Marathon.
4. Other marathons (spring/fall) but all dependent on what happens in the Spring.
5. Help others achieve their goals by coaching with VR Training. Kickoff meeting THIS Wednesday night in Hudson!
But before I get to 2008, let's wrap up 2007...tomorrow is the only 5K I run each year, the Great New Year's Eve 5K at Stow-Munroe Falls High School in Stow, OH. My PR still remains from 7 years ago at 19min, 54sec. This is a tough course but the weather looks favorable for a run at my record. We'll see!


A New Year's Resolution(s) post will be in error without at least a mention of losing weight...I'm already seeing all the ads in the paper and on TV. Well, that weight was lost last year (45 pounds!) so my only goal is to maintain and continue on my new lifestyle of eating. I'll post what that looks like in the next couple of days...a link to Kashi at the right will give you a hint.

No comments: